University of Idaho
Division/College: General Library
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $58,000 annually or more depending on experience
The University of Idaho Library Digital Archivist works within the Special Collections & Archives Department. In collaboration with the Head of Special Collections & Archives, the Digital Archivist leads prioritization, planning, and action for preservation and access of born digital objects. The Digital Archivist works collaboratively with the Librarys Digital Collections Team to prioritize the creation and maintenance of digital collections. The Digital Archivist oversees the digital platforms used by Special Collections & Archives to catalog materials (e.g., ArchivesSpace and ArchivesWest). The Digital Archivist supports departmental efforts in Special Collections & Archives which includes reference, instruction, and community outreach. As a faculty member, the Digital Archivist is also expected to be engaged with and aware of developments in relevant fields and to maintain an active research and scholarship program.
This is a 12-month, fiscal year, tenure track faculty position. Faculty rank (assistant professor/ associate professor) is negotiable based on experience relative to university and library bylaws. Tenure status is not negotiable.
- Masters degree from an ALA-accredited library program or the equivalent.
- Experience using analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication methods.
- Experience working effectively, independently, and collaboratively in a collegial environment.
- Experience managing collaborative projects from beginning to end.
- Experience implementing digital preservation best practices, or evidence of education pertaining to digital preservation best practices.
- Experience with ArchiveSpace or other archives information management system.
- Experience with the use of metadata and metadata standards.
- Experience learning new technologies associated with digital preservation, digital archiving, and/or web development activities.
- Experience with explaining and promoting processes to people with varied levels of technical understanding.
- Evidence of ability to learn new technologies and adapt to a changing technological environment.
- Evidence of scholarly engagement in the field of archives, library or information sciences.
- Demonstration of creativity or innovation in library services.
- Knowledge of the history of Idaho or the Pacific Northwest.
- Ability to resolve technical problems that arise, in collaboration with colleagues and vendors.
- Demonstrated experience preserving and providing access to born-digital archival materials.
- Experience providing reference support.
- Experience with digitization of archival material.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001204P
Posting Date: 01/09/2024
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by 2/15/2024 will receive first consideration.
All applicants are asked to submit their curriculum vitae, a letter of qualification, and three references.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency